Global Women on Tour Limited (“Globalwot”) is committed to safeguarding the privacy of any personal information that we gather.
This policy explains how we collect, use and share any personal information that we obtain about you, as well as your rights in relation to that personal information. It applies to our website, our pages on third party social media platforms and any other websites or mobile apps we may operate in the future (collectively our “online services”). Please read it carefully. We may change this policy from time to time. We will post any changes on this page, so please check back frequently.
By using our online services or providing us with information, you acknowledge and agree to the terms of this policy. Please do not continue using our online services or send us any of your information if you do not want us to use it.
We do not knowingly collect, use or share any information about any person under 16 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian who believes we have collected or processed personal information of a child under 16, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our very best to remove that information.
Information about others
Where we receive personal information about an individual, in most cases the law requires that we collect that information directly from the individual concerned. Therefore, please respect the privacy of others and don’t provide us with or otherwise share the personal information of anyone that is not you. This includes photographs and images (please refer to our Terms and Conditions for ContentSharing).
Information we may collect from you
We may collect the following information about you:
Information you provide to us
- You may provide us with your personal information which may include your name, gender, age, physical address, email address, phone number, images in which you appear, location data, communication and marketing preferences and details of your travel and other interests.
- This personal information may be provided to us directly in several ways, including by filling in forms on our website (including to create a user profile or sign up to receive our newsletters and other communications), submitting photographs and suggested itineraries to us, contacting us by email or via messaging or otherwise connecting with us on any of our social media accounts, entering a competition, responding to a survey or when you report problems with our services.
- In addition, if you leave a comment on our online services, that comment and certain personal information (for example, your name or profile username) will be publicly available.
Information we collect about you
- In addition to personal information you provide to us directly, when you use our website, we automatically collect information about your device, including your IP address, information about your visit (including how you got to our website) and how you use our services. We may combine this information with other information you have provided to us.
How we use your personal information
We may use and store personal information about you for the following purposes:
- Operating and maintaining our online services.
- Providing our services to you and fulfilling your requests.
- Providing you with the information and services you request from us.
- Posting content that you provide to us which we may attribute to you or which otherwise identifies you (including as described in our Terms and Conditions for Content Sharing policy).
- Responding to your comments and inquiries.
- Administering promotions or competitions that you enter with us.
- Allowing you to participate in our interactive features when you choose to do so.
- Creating and managing your account or subscription details.
- Marketing and advertising
- Providing you with information about goods and services that we offer that we think may interest you, which may be based on inferences about you based on your activity on online services operated by GlobalWOT.
- Customising or enhancing your experience of our services, which may use inferences about your likely interests based on your activity on online services operated by Globalwot.
- Delivering relevant advertising to you on online services operated by Globalwot or in direct communications from us, which may use inferences about your likely interests based on your activity on online services operated by Globalwot.
- Measuring and understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others.
- Service improvement
- Ensuring that our content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
- Administering our online services for internal business administration (for example, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes).
- Requirements of law
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or store your personal information (for example, in connection with an investigation by a public authority).
- With your consent:
- In addition to the above purposes for which we may use your personal information, we will use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, we may publish testimonials or feature you as a guest blogger, with your permission.
Sharing your personal information
We are a New Zealand incorporated company and we have operations and employees all over the world. In order for us to provide you with our services, we may transfer your personal information to members of our Globalwot team (including our employees and service providers) in other countries. The laws of those countries may provide various levels of protection and will not always be equivalent to the level of protection that may be provided to personal information in your own country. However, where we transfer your information internationally, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is treated and transferred securely.
In addition, we may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
With your consent
We may share your personal information with third parties where you have explicitly authorised us to do so.
On our website
Where you have provided us with photos, images, itineraries or other content to be uploaded or shared on our online services, or you have commented on any post made by us or another user on our online services, this information will be publicly available and will be shared with all other users of, and visitors to, our online services (including as described in our Terms and Conditions for Content Sharing.
To our service providers
We may provide information about your visit to analytics and search engine providers to help us improve and optimise our services. We generally only share this information in a form that is anonymised and does not directly identify you. We may also need to share your personal information with third parties to whom we outsource certain services, e.g. to IT support or to our marketing, website and social media, and other technology advisors.
To comply with a legal obligation
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to a request from law enforcement or another regulatory authority. We may disclose your personal information to enforce our agreements with you or to protect the rights, property or safety of Globalwot, our employees and other contributors to Globalwot’s online services. This includes sharing personal information with other organisations for fraud prevention and detection purposes.
Retaining your personal information
We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes set out in this policy unless we are required by law to retain it for a longer period.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can do this at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing email we send you.
Subject to certain legal exceptions, you also have the following rights in relation to your personal information that we hold about you:
- to request access your personal information;
- to object to the processing of your personal information for a certain purpose;
- to request corrections, amendments or updates to your personal information;
- in certain circumstances, you may ask us to delete some or all of your personal information;
- to request a transfer of your personal information to someone else or to receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information.
Please email email@example.com if you need to exercise these rights. We will handle your request in accordance with the relevant law. In certain circumstances and where the law permits us to do so, there may be a charge associated with your request. If this is the case, we will let you know. The law may also permit us to refuse your request. In this case, we will always provide you with the reasons for our decision.
Cookies may be session cookies (which expire when you close your browser) or persistent cookies (which stay on your browser until deleted). You can restrict, block or delete cookies on most browsers, generally through your browser settings. The help and/or support section of your internet browser should provide you with the instructions you need to manage cookies. However, please be aware that by restricting, deleting or blocking certain cookies, our website may not function as it is meant to.
Third party advertisers
Links to third party websites